HOW TO ENSURE A CHAT WITH GOD DAILY
A lot of us love God and we acknowledge his role in our lives. We wish we could be closer to him than we are. But life has now become too stressful for us that we hardly remember God.
Many of us go through days without finding time to have a chat with God. We are restless and anxious about everything. When we want to talk to God, we remember a problem and our mind wanders away. And gradually, a spirit-filled Christian becomes lukewarm.
This shortcoming may not be intentional but it is the reality. We who were once friends of God are now strangers.
I do not want to go into the risk of not having a good relationship with God. I believe we all have an idea.
So, what can we do to ensure we maintain a close relationship with God?
Looking at the reasons why our relationship with God is being threatened, we will agree that any remedy must be intentional.
If you are a Christian and you want to maintain a good relationship with God amid the issues of life, I strongly suggest you follow the below steps.
1. Be intentional: it starts with a mindset. You must first resolve within yourself that it is extremely important to maintain a close relationship with God.
2. Pick a compulsory time of the day. Haven agreed that it is important to have a close relationship with God, we need to understand that wishful thinking will not bring it to reality. Therefore, we need to set aside a time when we MUST talk to God. In today’s busy world, anything that is important must be scheduled in our daily to-do list, else, it won’t be done.
3. Set an alarm for it. Once you pick a time when you must meet with God daily, it is important you set an alarm to ensure you do not forget. The devil has for years deceived people to say they can pray to God anytime but they end up not praying at all. So, you can decide to pray throughout the day. But let there be a compulsory time that you are sure of.
4. Talk to God about this time you have chosen. Ask him for his grace to do it successfully. Enter a covenant time with God about this daily meeting. It becomes your covenant time with God.
5. Do it daily, like your life depends on it. It does.
As soon as you start keeping a covenant time with God, you should start experiencing God in ways you have never done. Expect revelations from God as you study in his presence daily.
God wants to be known by his children.